Position: Finance and Operations Coordinator
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Job Location: Metro Denver
Status: Hourly, Full-Time. Benefits eligible
Organizational Summary: The Rocky Mountain Multiple Sclerosis Center (“RMMSC”) is a patient- and family-centered nonprofit organization that provides a comprehensive and integrated wellness approach to MS and related diseases, life-changing support services, education programming, and cutting-edge research.
The Rocky Mountain Multiple Sclerosis Center (“RMMSC”) is a patient- and family-centered nonprofit organization that provides a comprehensive and integrated wellness approach to MS and related diseases, life-changing support services, education programming, and cutting-edge research.
The Finance and Operations Coordinator provides essential accounting, operational, and human resources support to all areas of RMMSC operations and provides miscellaneous administrative support to the CEO. This position reports directly to the CEO with strong dotted-line responsibility to our Contract Controller.
This job offers a hybrid work-at-home / work-in-office environment. In-office work is required a minimum of one or two days per week and may require more in-office time periodically.
Areas of Responsibility
Accounting / Finance:
- Accounts Payable functions, including transaction posting, weekly bill paying and related accurate reporting of cash position, contact with vendors, keeping vendor data current and accurate.
- Accounts Receivable functions, including posting all invoices and cash receipts, keeping client and donor data current and accurate in the accounting system. Track spending against restricted grant funds. Reconciliation of donations to donor database.
- Monthly processing of staff credit cards and reimbursable expenses.
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank, loan, and credit card accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation of Adult Day Program medical billing per the accounting records to the medical billing system.
- Maintains accounting files.
- Assists Contract Controller with annual budgeting and preparation for annual audit.
- Coordinates benefits enrollments, terminations and changes, as well as the annual benefits open enrollment process.
- Manages the employee time-keeping system.
- Works with leadership to support employee onboarding and separation processes.
Program and Administrative Support:
- Manages the office. Often serves as first contact for visitors and phones. Directs callers to appropriate departments or staff. Ensures supplies are replenished and staff office needs are met. Handles and distributes office mail and handles outgoing mail.
- Provides program support for client fee-based programs, including direct contact with clients and vendors as needed for accurate and timely recordkeeping and reporting.
- Compiles data from staff to create meeting matrix for board meetings.
- Provides support for fundraising and program events. This may involve attendance at events, running errands, direct contact with donors and attendees, and other support as requested by program and development staff.
- Other support for CEO and senior leadership as requested.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with staff and others.
- Problem solving mind-set, self-motivated, willing to do what it takes to see tasks through to completion.
- Knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping processes, with two years’ work experience preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks desktop software strongly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to work occasional nights / weekends to support events.
- Maintains a driver’s license, auto insurance and has access to reliable transportation.
Compensation / Benefits:
Compensation Range: $20 to $23 per hour, depending on experience.
Position is Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Benefits package includes:
- Competitive health care plan options, along with dental and vision coverage.
- Retirement plan with 3% employer match.
- 17 days of PTO (increasing with tenure), and 11 paid holidays.
- Employer-paid life and disability coverage.
- Cell phone stipend.