Position: Licensed Practical Nurse (or RN, Part Time)
Reports to: KADEP Director
Date Posted: July 11, 2022
Status: Salary, Part Time
Position Summary: The LPN will coordinate with the RN for the day to day running of the Nursing Department operations. This position provides medical monitoring and oversight in conjunction with the RN and to serve as a liaison between clients and their medical providers.
- Assist RN in determining Nursing Department staffing needs and monitor nursing team compentence. Provide guidance in utilization of temp agencies to meet anticipated shortages.
- Assist RN in coordination of Nursing Department daily operations to ensure goals and objectives are being met ie. TB testing of all employees, as needed.
- Provide direct client care, assisting with personal care needs, meal service, activity supervision and assistance. This includes transfers, orientation, ambulation and bathing as needed.
- Complete a nursing assessment on all clients within the first ninety days of their attendance at the program. Review the medical status and care needs of the clients with the staff.
- Oversee and consult on all nursing interventions by CNAs.
- Serve as a care coordinator for a designated caseload this includes, meeting charting requirements and communication with clients and families as needed.
- Develop and present in-services to the staff to update them on medical and wellness-oriented issues as needed or as requested by the Programming Director
- Assist RN in developing emergency medical protocols and procedures and insure that all staff are trained in these protocols. Coordinate and supervise medical emergencies, as possible.
- Assist RN in monitoring the medical supplies and personal care supplies needed for the program needed for the program including maintenance of the AED. Order supplies as needed, with the approval of the program director.
- Assist RN in overseeing all medication monitoring and administration, insuring that physician orders are followed and that medication orders are kept according to standards.
- Perform all job tasks according to RMMSC policies/procedures, report all unsafe working conditions, immediately report all work related injuries, wear PPE as appropriate and abide by the safety rules of the organization at all times.
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- Current Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED.
- Self-motivated, discreet, loyal and flexible team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible and adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team and the general public.
- Good judgment and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of MS, TBI and other neurological diagnosis.
- Knowledge of emergency and safety protocols.
- Ability to use personal vehicle to travel to and from programs in the community.
- Ability to lift or transfer less than 50 lbs.
Please email cover letter and resume to Michelle King, Program Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.