Every March, MS Awareness Month gives us a chance to bring multiple sclerosis to the forefront, to help advocate for people and families living with MS every day, and to educate the public. After a year that’s changed so many parts of our daily routines, we’re dedicating the month to helping foster greater connections and giving back to our MS Community.
How Can You Help?
We’re inviting everyone to send a brief message of support to other members of our extended MS family! Click here to visit our simple Google form, where you can send a message to KADEP clients and staff, the clinical staff and doctors at the Rocky Mountain MS Center at University of Colorado, or a general message to others in our MS Community.
SPREAD AWARENESS AND UNDERSTANDING:
MS is often an “invisible” disease. So many common symptoms can be truly life-altering to those living with them, but not always apparent to the outside world. We’ve created this page of basic MS information for patients and families living with MS, to help them share the facts about MS with loved ones, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and anyone else who may not have a great understanding of what it means to live with MS. Share this page on social media, or send it to people you know who you think would benefit from a better understanding of MS. By answering some common questions, together we can build understanding of MS and how it affects those living with it. Read further down this page for more information, or click here to download our PDF: “Answering MS Questions.”
We’ve put together a list of events where YOU can help support the MS Center! From dine-back nights to shopping events, there are several things you can do to get involved. Click here to find out more.
It’s been a trying year for so many of us, and the MS Center itself is no exception. Your support will go a long way toward helping us continue to deliver the programs and services our MS Community relies on during good times and bad. In addition to joining one of the fundraising events above, here are some quick and easy ways you can support the MS Center right now:
- Make a One-Time Donation — Head to our secure, online donor portal to make a direct contribution to the MS Center.
- Become a Friend of the MS Center — When you choose to make a monthly gift, you join the Friends of the MS Center program! This convenient way of giving can be any amount that’s right for you. Together with other Friends of the MS Center, you’re helping build a sustainable future for our programs and services our community needs.
- Support the MS Center at Amazon Smile — Simply go to smile.amazon.com next time you’re shopping Amazon, and set “Rocky Mountain Multiple Sclerosis Center” as your charity of choice. Once you’ve set your charity, remember to always shop at smile.amazon.com, and Amazon will donate a portion of what you spend to the RMMSC!
- Give Back While You Shop at King Soopers — Connect your King Soopers rewards account to Community Rewards, and choose organization number LL277. You can set up your account at King Soopers’ website by clicking the “Community Rewards” link on the left hand side of the page.
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser — Spread the word to your social media connections and gather support right from your own Facebook page.