Estate planning is an important topic for everyone to be familiar with. Join the Rocky Mountain MS Center and experienced estate planning lawyer Mr. Thomas Wolf from Ireland Stapleton Pryor…
MS is the third most common neurological cause of disability, behind only stroke and epilepsy. The consequences of unemployment related to disability are numerous and may include loss of income and medical insurance and depression. Federal disability benefits can help restore critical income and health benefits.
The Rocky Mountain MS Center is happy to connect you with Tom Stewart, an attorney and Physician Assistant who’s worked with MS patients seeking relief through Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) for decades. Stewart’s office can help anyone who would like to learn more about Social Security Disability Insurance or who are applying for benefits. For a free initial consultation appointment, please contact Stewart’s office directly at 720-301-9708.
Understanding the legal protections available to you is important. Learn more about them at:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), a law that protects against discrimination in the workplace and allows you to request reasonable accommodations.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) , which allows you job-protected time off of work.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), which deals with maintaining health insurance coverage and pre-existing conditions.
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA), which allows you to continue to buy into health insurance coverage when leaving your job.
- Know Your Rights: A Legal Guide for People Living with Multiple Sclerosis—Easy to read Q & A format compiled by the National MS Society containing information on employment, SSDI, family law, insurance, and more. Offers resources in each chapter, form letters and helpful guides for navigating legal difficulties.